Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Logic

Logic is one of the things that ultimately holds life together. This world is generally made up of things that make sense, and the way we understand things is to try and make sense of it; thus, we attempt to find the logical explanation. We try to find this explanation for everything because it is the procedure that is most logical when it comes to uncovering how the world works. For example, we attempt to logically uncover logic, because it is most logical to understand the logic behind discovering the way in which life works logically, so we can have a much deeper understanding as to why it is we do what we do; to not do so would leave us confused and would therefore be entirely illogical.

It is for these reasons that the modern world relies upon logic to explain what is the truth; anything that is not logical is non-existent. This is why logic is essential to life, and it is for that reason that I have chosen the topic of logic to introduce 'The Secret Tips to Life'.

"How is logic determined?" asks an interested albino Witch Doctor (wearing a top hat).

Well, logic is determined by many things. In some circumstances they rely on physical evidence (where they go through a number of tests and find out what it is that does make sense), sometimes they rely on theoretical evidence (where they use their genius minds and uncover what it is that should make sense), and any other time they just guess as to what sounds logical. The people that generally determine what is truth are usually some sort of scientist, mathematician or media mogul. Possibly the best way of describing logic is something that is 'obviously' true (this is decided by the people who spend a large quantity of time, energy and intelligence to uncover what is obvious).

I breathe because oxygen is necessary to maintain life, therefore breathing is logical. I do many other things for this reason, because my life is made up of making decisions - and those decisions are most commonly determined by what is the logical choice. For example: when I decide as to which film I will go to see at the cinema, I will decide based on the critical success of the film. This is logical because I usually agree with film critics, and have never been disappointed by a film that the general population of film critics has said ": )" to.

Generally frowned upon by people who spend their time uncovering the truth is illogic, as it is the opposite of logic. For example, imagine a man said: "My wife's lemon garden has a digestive system which is resemblant to that of a fox because it was pulled out of my hamstring immediately after my four-hundred-and-thirty-seventh shower of the decade and given an enormous hug by Oprah Winfrey in the Eiffel tower during the year the Japanese were mourning over the death of Sir Ian McKellan and refusing to eat goods imported from Afghanistan simply because the residents of that country were running around with a melon upon their head and left foot leaving the rest of the world to observe with jealousy." This comment would be disregarded because it is illogical.

Logic and illogic are complete opposites and it is logical that they are not the same - something that is very obvious (beginning to see the connection?). Any two opposites are logically exactly different. It is logic that when you use your super-mutant wings to fly upwards you will not hit the ground, for that would require the opposite of up which is most commonly down.

I brought this up because it is important to understand the opposite of something to understand the thing itself. So now it is established that there is an opposite of logic that exists, (incidentally, the nature of logic implies that illogic does not exist because it is illogical - unfortunately the logic of opposites is that either there is an anti-logic or neither - including opposites in the first place, thus cancelling everything out. To maintain existence, I recommend you do not ponder this).

It has now been firmly established that logic is the essence of Existence. Existence is life, and therefore the essence of life must be logic. Death will one day find me, and on that day I intend to have an in-depth discussion with Existence. I shall remind him that Death is the opposite of life, and logic, being the essence of life, is therefore not apparent in Death for it must succumb to the law of opposites. Therefore Death is illogical, and it would be logical for me to not die, (logic is the core of Existence and it will henceforth be forced to comply).

My SECRET TIP FOR LIFE is:

When Existence offers you tea, you decline politely. Very politely.

3 comments:

  1. So i really like it. It's clever and funny and I don't have any idea what it means and i think that that was your point. I'm excited to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You confused me, but I'm now left wondering if this was a logical comment to make????

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be illogical to ponder such. Or would it?

    Thank you Rad, as always you flatter me. :D

    ReplyDelete